Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I LIKE MYSELF! by Karen Beaumont, illustrated by David Catrow

Lexile    Not Rated
Pages    32
Ages     3-8

"Even when I look a mess, I still don't like me any less, 'cause nothing in this world, you know, can change what's deep inside, and so . . . ."

This little girl knows what's really important! I absolutely love this book from cover to cover - the message is something we need to instill in all of our children and the illustrations are colorful and fun. "I Like Myself!" is rated as being for ages 3-8 but I think it carries a message that is ageless. We all need to love ourselves just as we are - warts, wrinkles, and all!

Happy Reading!
Miss Laurie (who likes herself! : ))

"I Like Myself!" is available through the Lake County Public Library. Visit any branch or click here http://tinyurl.com/74ropta to place a hold for pickup at your favorite branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment