Tuesday, April 1, 2014

THE RELATIVES CAME by Cynthia Rylant, illustrated by Stephen Gammell

This is my 100th post! Woooohoooo!


Lexile     AD940          Pages     32          Ages     4 - 8
AR Quiz No. 5537 EN Fiction
  IL: LG - BL: 4.1 - AR Pts: 0.5
  AR Quiz Types: RP


When I was young my great aunt and uncle had a small, ten acre farm with a big two story farmhouse. They had chickens and vegetables, a falling-down barn and a small farm stand.  Every year my mom, dad, sister and I would go to the farm, along with a whole battalion of aunts, uncles and cousins. We would pick, gather eggs, play horseshoes and cards. We would jump off the chicken house (one year I almost broke my arm) and play hide and seek in the corn. We would eat and laugh and sleep in piles.  My memories of the farm are among my most cherished.  

Cynthia Rylant's The Relatives Came make all of those memories come flooding in. It is an amazing celebration of family that you won't want to miss!

Happy Reading!
Miss Laurie 

 The Relatives Came can be checked out at any Lake County Public Library, or click  here and with your library card number and PIN you can place a hold for easy pickup at your favorite branch.



 With much love this is
 in memory of  my
Great Aunt Annie and Uncle Dave
of
Logansport, Indiana.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment